Monday 7 December 2009

Evaluation



In what ways does you media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

Well I made something more original which broke with the conventions of the past than other magazines, because the terms of design I used was making the title more different, such as the main big heading CTK with small words of CTK Sixth form. Also with a small heading under the main heading. Whereas I used mode of address, to cause the young students to get attracted, they might interested to have a look at it, because the way I use the design. Finally with the use imagery to show a student working in a college, it brings the effect with other college students, which we are equal and even to each other. This is an example of a media product use ,such as the masthead. Then use some part of the ideas and put it on my own magazine.












How does your media product represent particular social groups?

First, the sense of reality I have constructed in my representation, is trying to get in a correct place of what is based on my drafts. Therefore I showed a students wearing different clothes, and using props of something smart. However my front page of the magazine includes one student wearing something smart, such as a black jacket or blazer with a white T-shirt. While he is holding one props, which is a green folder to connotation for to represent the young students studying for the subculture education of the college.











Whereas for the context page, it contains two images of normal two students with little bit smartness dressed, but it still makes them as normal students wearing different clothes, also the both images contains props of a book called sociology, and a green folder. Plus I arrange models for the first photo of the left side about two students chating about their learing from a folder or explaining them. Whereas for other photo, it conatins a student acting as reading a book. Therefore all of the photos represents or to connotaion for the education of learning in a college.

How did attract/address your audience?

I use features, cover lines, and photography designs for the both pages to get the audience attracted by conducting a survey or questionaire, so I can use the results from the questionaire to get a good designs of the magazine. Also the way I use the normal English language for the magazine, because it is expected to be a college magazine, so people can understand clearly, instead of using the language of street slang. Plus, the place I photographed is at the outside and inside of the College, because it is the correct particular area to match with the magazine. Even, I used the fonts ideas from the questionaire, therefore I used purple with good graphic style.

Finally the way I positioned of the photographs, is finding the people who can be as a model for the role of the college magazine. Therefore I get the people to wear normal oridnary clothes with bit smartness, and acting as a normal people carrying education props, and chatting in the college. This relates with the people or the theme of the audience, who goes to the college, and could be possible to attract the people or students in the society.

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

The only programs I used, is Adobe Photoshop because it is great programming of design speacial images with fantastic graphics to help with my college magazine designs. The termilological tools I used for my designs of the college magazine, first I sort out the images brightness using the adjustment to sort out the contrast and brightness to change the way I wanted to be. Then I use the polygonal, and magnetic lasso tool to choose the area of the image I want to select, then changed, when I find out, my first image of the boy wearing a ordinary T-shirt with a black blaza on top. Therefore I select the whole area of the T-shirt and change colour completely into white colour to make it more like a smart shirt with black blaza on top. Even I used this tool for to change the style of the grass background into brush style, and for the text, I use the type tool to choose of where I want to write the text. Then I change the style of the writing into purple and large, even the background of the text is different, because I use the blending options for layer style of the text. Finally if I want to put the media componets together, I grouped them or link them as layers.

Whereas I used the same plainning together for my contents page, however I made the background white, and bright. Even the big Christ cross is been shaped in the middle of the page, However there is also a mini version in the top right corner of each pages. Finally for the front page I add and paste from google of a bar code to attach with my magazine design.

Audience Feedback

Well first of, I got only one audience person to have a look at my magazine results as a tester, therefore I given the person a questions for to answer.

1. Comment on the Front Cover : Good background photo, the words are layed out in a sensible fashion. The font could use a bit more detail.

2. Comment on the Contents Page : Images are relivent, nice font layout, but the background needs some colour!!!

3. Do you agree or disagree, that the college magazine is a good designed? : I agree in some context that this magazine is of good quality.

4. Do you like the images, which shown on the magazines? : Yeah, brilliant!

5. Do you like the way the text is used in the magazines? : The layouts fine on both pages.

6. Do you like the way the media components are used in the magazine? : I’m afraid the images have nothing to do with the text, so maybe you could move them to a place where they will.

The weakness I can spot from the result is that the contents page needs more colour, and getting the images to be linked with the relationship of the text. The Stengths I can spot is the layout is fine, and good quality. Also the background images and text are sensible fashionable. Finally I agree witht the audience or a person comments of my magazine, however I'am not very sure if I could agree about the relationship between the image and the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment